Sheridan Memorial Business Office
- Please be sure you present your Insurance cards and a form of ID at every visit. This will aid in expediting your claim.
- After your visit at Sheridan Memorial Hospital or clinic a bill may be generated within 3 business days. This is pending any late charges due to testing or results.
- A Statement will be generated and sent to you while your account is pending insurance payment. Please pay close attention to the "Amount Due" area on your statement as you may receive a statement and not owe anything at that time.
- Statements are sent to patients when their account is in Self Pay. The amount reflected on the Statement is the final amount owed by the patient unless otherwise indicated.
- Statements are printed by the 5th of every month and should be received no later than the 10th of every month. Payments are due by the 5th of every month.
- Nursing Home payments in full are due by the 10th of every month. If you need a detailed copy of your Nursing Home stay for your long-term care insurance, please let us know and we will get you on the mailing list.
- Within thirty days of the receipt of your initial bill you must make payment in full, set up a payment agreement and/or apply for financial assistance.
Payment OptionsSheridan Memorial Hospital Association offers three payment options:
Payment in Full
SMHA Payment Agreement
SMHA Credit Care Loan
If one of the three payment options are not complied with Sheridan Memorial Hospital Association will take further collection action.
Payment in Full:
If you opt to pay your account in full you may qualify for a small discount depending on the amount and timeliness. Not everyone may qualify. Please contact us!
Collection ServicesSheridan Memorial Hospital sends statements out to our patients using the address in our database. If, after three months of statements being sent, a payment agreement has not been established or payment in full has not been received, further collection action is taken.
Sheridan Memorial uses one collection agency:
2525 Colonial Drive Ste C
Helena, MT 59624
Once the account is sent off to collections, patients will receive a notice that they are in a 30 day pre-collect. If payment is received in full with-in that 30 days, Sheridan Memorial will be able to pull that account back from the collection agency and the patient's credit will not be effected.
If payment in full is not received during that 30 day pre-collect the account is no longer in control of Sheridan Memorial and all financial transactions and correspondence must be done through the assigned collection agency.
Financial AssistanceFinancial Assistance Form
Financial Assistance Policy
- Financial Assistance application is available at the Admissions or Business Offices.
- It is requested that financial assistance be applied for within 30 days of initial receipt of bill.
- Assistance is based on a list of financial criteria requested in the assistance application. A Financial Assistance Rep will contact you if additional information is required to process your application.
- Financial Assistance may go retro 240 days from receipt of the complete application. All required information must be turned in in a timely fashion or assistance will be denied.
- Prior qualification of funding does not guarantee you will receive funding again.
Credit Care Program
- Credit Care Program is a line of credit Sheridan Memorial has applied for through the Bank of Plentywood.
- All patients can apply for the program. It's as simple as stopping by the Business Office, providing two forms of identification and signing a few papers.
- Credit Care may not be applied for if a person was final noticed or sent to collections.
- Credit Care allows patients to extend their monthly payments further than Sheridan Memorial payment schedule allows.
- Minimum monthly payment is $25.00
- Interest is applied to Credit Care Program accounts.
- There is a $25.00 activation fee.
- Monthly statements are sent by the Financial Institution rather than Sheridan Memorial.
- Payments are sent directly to the Financial Institution. There is a $5.00 late charge for payments over 10 days past due.
- Credit Care Program does not look at the patient's credit history; however, payments are reported to the Credit Bureau.